Thanks to Robin at Your Daily Dose, I feel somewhat of a veteran when it comes to receiving blog awards. Recently, however, I was awarded a nomination by someone who is not Robin. So that was a surprise (not that the ones I get from Robin don't surprise me either!)
This award is a special honour because it comes from Ro Magnolia at Soft Winds and Roses, a woman of substance, a woman who read the Complete Works of Shakespeare when she was in grade 3! All I can say is “Thank you” for the honour. According to the specifications of the award, I need to list 10 things I love. There are many more than 10, but here are the first that pop to mind.
1. My daughters. I will refrain from saying anything more because it would just sound like a cliché.
2. Life itself. The fact that we exist is a miracle!
3. My parents. Our relationship has always been strained because I love them so much.
4. My Saturday morning friends. Our weekly coffees every Saturday morning for the last two years have meant so much to me even though when they first began they had to drag me.
5. The beach. Looking at the waves, sifting my finger through the sand…paradise!
6. My suffering. Feeling hurt brings me closer to becoming a stronger, wiser person.
7. A clean house. When it is uncluttered. I feel happy.
8. Books. Yes! Losing myself in the beauty of words, thoughts, brilliance and borrowing from this.
9. My husband. I should put him here somewhere. I know that it doesn’t feel like love but were I to lose him it would hurt. Only then, would I realise how much I love him.
10. Vivi and Alexandra. Not a day goes by without me thinking of them and missing them.
11. Animals. I feed the strays and argue with those who do not give a damn. As you've probably realised I'm going to just go on. Can't stop myself now that I've started.
12. My two countries...they are so different, they tear me apart but I love them both - Australia and Greece!
13. The arts. Going to the theatre, concerts, galleries...
16. Dancing the sensuous tango.
17. The smell of something new whether this be a book, a freshly painted house or baby's skin.
18. Spontaneity. Finding myself in Corinth eating souvlaki when I'm supposed to be somewhere else.
19. Will you think ill of me if I say - Shoes?
20. YOU! Blogging. Sharing my thoughts. Entering other people’s lives. Commenting and being commented on. So thank you.
Now I'm supposed to nominate 10 others for this award:
1. ROBIN – Yeap, I know that you’ve probably already received it but I cannot NOT give you this award – the first one given to me by someone other than you. I once dedicated a blog post to you and I see constant references of you in other people’s blogs. If there was a PhD in caring then you would definitely have it. Thank you for being in our lives. Don’t stop.
2. SANDY – For being real, unassuming, sensitive. I love your big heart and red dress.
3. SHARON - Your mercurial musings enrich me. I respect you.
4. FARMGIRL PAINTS – Cause you inspire. Your way of looking at life cracks me up, you have a beautiful family and an infectious sense of faith.
5. PROPOQUERY – Welcome back! We missed you. Take care of yourself. Keep blogging.
6. MUGWHUMP - Where are you?
7. RANDOM STRANGER – I loved your “vlog” response to the previous award I gave you. I hope you get another piece of pecan pie!
8. GEORGE – Because you make me feel 10 feet tall when you comments. So much flattery! I don’t believe a word of it, but please continue…
9. ARCHIVE FIRE - Because you fuel my thoughts. I think the other award that you are clearly not receiving points for is rigged. You are the most scientific blogger in my book or blog, whatever!
10. YOU - Just for being YOU and having got this far down on this blog post.
Come on everyone, join the fun, spread the love...